.. that would fit on a CD just to make it a little complicated. So, here it is, my end-of-the-year-collection. Thanks to all the friends, blogs and magazines that give me so much inspiration!
The order is not a rating, it is simply the best way to put the songs in a consistent way.
1. Lulu Rouge – Sweeter Than Sweet (Feat. Alice Carreri Pardeilhan)
found via Palms Out Sounds
A very hypnotic and deep tune with a brilliant voice and clear sound which could also be the opener of a club set.
.. but not in this case because the following is
2. Blitzentrapper – Gold for bread
Pure guitar pop with some edges from this Portland band coming out on Subpop.
Check Blitzentrapper.net for more downloads.
3. White Denim – Let’s talk about it
This is strange but in a very likeable way. Just take a look at the video. Sounds like very hobby, but I reckon it’s not. Found via Passion of the Weiss.
4. Lily Allen – Womanizer
Pop times pop equals pop
5. The P Brothers – Digital B-Boy
Very clubby, fat beats
6. GZA/Genius – Pencil (featuring Masta Killa & RZA)
Wu Tang Style is timeless.
7. MGMT – Electric Feel (Justice Rmx)
Two übergroups meet. Can’t go wrong.
8. Cut Copy – Lights n Music (Boys Noize Happy Birthday Remix)
Disco House is back..
9. Hot Chip – Hold on
.. even Hot Chip are on it..
10. Curses! – The Deep End (ft. Nancy ‘LCD Soundsystem’ & Juan Maclean) (Holy Ghost! Day School Dub)
.. and it really works on the dancefloor.
11. Hercules and Love Affair – Blind
Probably together with MGTM THE consensus group of this year. Everybody likes them.
12. Sam Sparro – Black and Gold
13. TV on the radio – DLZ
They have so many good songs, finally I can put one on a mixtape!
14. Malajube – Ursuline
Malajube are a great live band especially – here is a whole Malajube concert
15.Air France – Collapsing at your doorstep
..reminds me of Röyksopp..
16. Dave Gahan – Saw Something (Skream remix)
and last but not least some Dubstep!